How many millions of tourists pass on Istiklal street each month? Located nearby Taksim Square, Istiklal is probably the busiest street in Istanbul, visited by both tourists and local people. It is paved with cobblestone and it has an old tramway line which is still in use. Tramways go very slowly, to allow people to step away.
You might also like these travel articles:
- Marble Fountain at Topkapi Palace – Istanbul, Turkey
- Hagia Sophia, Istanbul, Turkey
- Sighisoara Citadel, Romania – Birth Place of Vlad Tepes
- Saklikent Gorge, The Place Where Time Stops
- The Oludeniz Earthquake – How Close Do We Get to Places We Visit?
- Inside What?
- Travel Photo of the Day: Luxor, Egypt – Street Photography
- What Do James Bond, Assasin’s Creed and The Otoman Empire Have in Common?
- Greeks of Kayakoy, Go Home! The Bitter Meaning Of Going Home
- Rocks on the Blue Sky
- Nuts, Anybody?
- McDonald’s Advert, Country Style