#1 top pick
- ⦿ Departure at a convenient time for you on this private tour
- ⦿ Qualified Egyptologist guide
- ⦿ Entry to pyramids of Giza area, Great Sphinx and Archaeology museum included (admission inside the pyramids costs extra)
- ⦿ Airport or airport hotels pick up and drop off require a supplement of $10 US per person.
- ⦿ Duration: 6-8 hours
- ⦿Rating: 5 out of 5 stars (1046 reviews)
Travel time varies greatly depending on traffic conditions, but the trip usually takes between 30-90 minutes.
There are several transportation options for getting from Cairo Airport to Giza Pyramids:
- Taking a taxi cab is typically the most convenient and comfortable option after a long international flight
- Fares are usually 150-250 Egyptian Pounds ($8-14 USD), but confirm this estimated price with your driver before departing as pricing tends to be flexible
- It’s best to use the new Sphinx International Airport Road for the most direct route. Make sure to clarify this preferred route so your driver does not take alternate congested roads through central Cairo
- Uber and Careem ride shares (see below) often provide better pricing and newer vehicles, but traditional taxi cabs can be quicker to find outside the terminal
- On-demand car services like Uber and Careem operate extensively in Cairo and offer rides from the airport
- Compared to standard taxis, rides typically cost 100-150 EGP ($5-8 USD). You can get quoted pricing in advance on the app
- The best vehicles for traveling to Giza will be Uber/Careem Black limos which guarantee newer model SUVs and sedans. Avoid lesser expensive Uber Go and Careem Economy options to get better quality vehicles
- Linking your payment card or PayPal account to your rider app wallet ensures the easiest and cashless trip
- Requiring multiple transfers, Cairo’s public transit is the most affordable method but involves longer travel times
- Option 1: Take a bus from the airport to the Giza metro station, then transfer to the metro line that goes to the Giza Pyramids station
- Option 2: Take a shared shuttle bus from the airport to the main bus station in central Cairo, then a local bus to the Giza area
- Total public transit cost is about 10-15 EGP ($0.50-$0.75 USD)
- Many tourists arriving on international flights pre-arrange roundtrip private transport to hotels near the pyramids through Egyptian travel agencies
- These shuttle services include having a personal guide accompany you directly upon arrival to handle logistics
- The higher level of service and efficiency avoids the hassle of finding various public transit options on your own with luggage in a new country
I used taxi cabs in Cairo to visit the Coptic Quarter. Everything went smoothly, we found cabs on the street without the need for any app.
To visit the Sphinx and the pyramids area, though, we were on a private bus tour that took us from our hotel in Cairo to Giza.
We were on a bigger tour of Egypt, and we already had the private bus to ourselves for the entire trip.