Many Cyprus visitors that are also beach lovers seek for easy ways to get from Larnaca to Ayia Napa.
Larnaca and Ayia Napa are two popular beach destinations in Cyprus. Larnaca is home to the main international airport in Cyprus, while Ayia Napa is known for its lively nightlife and beautiful beaches. However, Ayia Napa doesn’t have an airport, so tourists need to commute either Larnaca or Paphos.
If your flight lands in Paphos, you may want to read my article about the best way to get from Paphos to Ayia Napa.
Ayia Napa is located about 40 km east of Larnaca. There are several easy ways to get between these two cities.
Main Topics of How to Get from Larnaca to Ayia Napa
How To Get from Larnaca to Ayia Napa By Bus
One of the most common ways to get from Larnaca to Ayia Napa is by bus. There are regular bus routes that connect these cities and the ride takes about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
– You can catch buses operated by Intercity Buses or Kapnos Airport Shuttle from Larnaca bus station. Buses depart every 30-60 minutes.
– The main bus stop in Ayia Napa is located right in the center of town, making it easy to access hotels and attractions.
– Bus fares are affordable, usually between â‚¬3-5 one-way.
Larnaca To Ayia Napa By Taxi
Taking a taxi is the quickest way to get from Larnaca to Ayia Napa. The ride takes about 30-40 minutes.
– Taxis are available for hire at Larnaca Airport and around the city.
– Make sure to agree on the fare beforehand. Expect to pay around â‚¬40-50 each way.
– Taxis allow door-to-door service, so you can be dropped off directly at your hotel.
Rent a Car To Go to Ayia Napa from Larnaca
Renting a car gives you the flexibility to stop along the way and set your own schedule.
– Major rental companies like Hertz, Europcar, Sixt, and others have offices in Larnaca.
– The route from Larnaca to Ayia Napa primarily uses the A3 highway, which is easy to navigate.
– Factor in fuel costs if you choose this option. Allow 45-60 minutes driving time.
The main drawback I see in driving in Cyprus is that they drive on the left side of the road. I’m from a country where we drive on the right, so it’s difficult for me to adjust.
What Is the Best Way To Go to Ayia Napa from Larnaca?
I prefer the bus, as it is comfortable and cheap.
If I were to book an entire holiday in Ayia Napa, though, I’d take a taxi from the airport, in order to avoid carrying my luggage on buses.
There’s no direct bus from Larnaca airport to Ayia Napa. You need to make a changeover in the center of Larnaca, by the Finikoudes Promenade stop.
No matter which method you choose, getting between Larnaca city center and Ayia Napa is fairly straightforward.
Buses offer the cheapest option, while taxis are fastest and rental cars give you the most freedom.
Consider your budget and priorities to pick the transportation that works best for your trip.
Also, check out the best Paphos beaches. Maybe you won’t want to go to Ayia Napa any longer.